WELCOME TO DAY 2! HEART OPeNERS CONTINUED: HUMBLE WARRIOR AND HEART OPENING MORNING FLOW with WILD THING!
HUMBLE WARRIOR-Baddha Virabhadrasana
Benefits- It stretches your chest, shoulders, arms, and neck while strengthening your thighs, calves, groin, ankles
It simulates a bowing down, A pose of surrendering and excepting to where we are and who we are at the present moment.
1.Start in Warrior 1
2.Make sure your front knee is bent at a 90 degree angle and your back heel is down
3. Interlace your fingers behind your back pressing your shoulder blades together and opening up in the collar bone
4. Begin to bow the crown of your head inside your bent knee towards your ankle pulling your fingers towards the front of your mat as you continue to open the chest and gaze back to your back leg.
5. coming out of this slowly rise back to warrior 1
WILD THING- Camatkarasana aka “the ecstatic unfolding of the enraptured heart.”
BENEFITS: Opens chest, shoulders, opens the hip flexors, strengthens the shoulders and back.
1.start in down dog
2.Inhale Right leg high to the sky, bend your right knee to open your hip
3. Let the right foot land as your chest opens wider and hips lift high
4. coming out slowly return back to 3 legged down dog.
HERES a MINI Challenge – TRY this heart opening flow to incorporate these two poses together!
see you for day 3! STAY SRONG! STAY GOLDEN!