Welcome to DAY 10 of the challenge! We’re half way done with our challenge :(….So it’s time to crank it up a notch!!!
The following poses will help firm your legs, glutes, and quads!! Enjoy and DON’T forget to scroll down for the CHALLENGING FLOW! GET IT!!!
WARRIOR III– Virabhadrasana –Virabhadra = Warrior Vira = HeroBhadra = Friend Asana = Posture
Benefits: Strengthens the ankles, legs, shoulders and back muscles. It stretches your hamstrings and thighs.Tones your ABS! It improves balance and posture.
- Start in high lunge, legs strong and belly in.
- Shift your weight and straighten your front leg, keeping it engaged belly in your back leg lifts and you maintain your balance by pushing out with the back heal. Making sure your torso and is straight not arched and your arms come straight forward.Reaching with your fingertips and reach back with your heel.
Utkata = powerful, fierce, wild, intense!! VARIATIONS TO ONE LEGGED CHAIR POSE:
Benefits: Strengthens the ankles, thighs, calves and spine, stretches the shoulders and chest.
- Start standing, Bend your knees, sink hips, like you’re sitting in a chair, work your knees back over your ankles and bring more weight into your heels , tucking your tailbone under.
- Lift your arms high and relax your shoulders away from your ears.
- Keep your inner thighs and belly engaged.
Benefits: This pose releases tension in the hips, stretches the hamstrings, quads and groins, strengthens the knees and helps build mental focus.
- Start in down-ward facing dog
- Bring right foot forward between the hands, bending your right knee deeply sinking into your hips.
- Keep back heel lifted, belly in.
- Inhale lift your arms up to the sky, the gaze follows.
- keep your tailbone tucked under, elongating the spine as you reach up, keeping shoulders relaxed and shoulder blades working towards eachother.
Standing extended leg pose-Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana-
Standing extended leg pose(Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana)
Benefits: Strengthens and stretches the legs, stretches the hips and spine and opens the chest. Improves balance
- Start standing, bend your right knee and lift it up to hip level supporting it with your right hand, keeping your extended leg and belly engaged for balance, tuck your tailbone under.
- Twist open your chest to the right, reach your right arm back, keep shoulders level. (To extend the leg- grab right big toe with left peace fingers and extend right leg straight)
- Breath…. gaze over your right shoulder.
AND NOW WE FLOW!!!
Bringing all poses into play and bringing up the beats!
WARR3->LUNGE->CHAIR->ONELEGGEDCHAIR->WARR3->ONELEGGEDDEADLIFT->LUNGE->WARR3->REVOLVEDTRIANGLE-WARR3!!!! AGAIN!- keep it even DO BOTH SIDES!!!! & LOVE THE BURN!!