Turmeric vegetable stew! YAS!!! This is one of my favorites super ingredient dish that you can eat anytime and on the go too! It will last you for days!
click on this link to see some major health benefits with cooking with turmeric! https://draxe.com/turmeric-benefits/
RECIPE: cooking time/prep 1 hour – 8-10 servings
1 Big pot ( bigger than you think, to avoid the splattering stains from turmeric powder)
3 tbsp of split lentils red or green
3 tbsp quinoa
1 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp turmeric powder
1 tsp grapeseed oil or coconut oil ( whatever you prefer or have at home)
3-4 cloves garlic
1 medium sized red onion
4 organic carrots
4 celery stalks
3-5 cups of water
2 tsp Braggs Liquid aminos (this depends on you so add according to your taste)
*I suggest to have fun with it and add any other vegetables in your fridge that are fibrous and dark green. If you think you might take a whole week to finish this just add small and thin leafy greens like baby spinach later as you consume each serving.
I added leftover kale and cabbage and brussel sprouts from a salad pack.
- rinse wash chop all vegetables
- bring 2 cups to a boil
- add to the boiling water : lentils, quinoa, chia seeds, turmeric powder, oil, garlic, and onions- Let this all simmer for 10 min.
- add vegetables and 2 cups of water- red pepper, celery, carrots, aspargus- stir and cover and simmer for 10 min
- stir occasionally and make sure there is enough water so that all vegetables are covered
- taste- add aminos or extra spices as desired for taste
SERVE and ENJOY!
If you’d like to blend all the ingredients to a puree and place it in an insulated thermos for work or outings be my guest! Top it off with a slice of fresh avocado or a slice of french bread for dipping!
Please leave a comments or suggestions! I’d love to know what you think!